Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Bluetooth audio/No song info problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth audio/No song info problem

So I just bought a 2012 lancer GT and one of the new features is that I can play audio from my iphone over bluetooth (not sure if 2010/11 had this feature, I know 2009 didn't). I really like how you can change the track via steering wheel controls but sometimes the song info isn't displayed on the dash and other times it is.

I thought maybe it had to do with the tracks on my phone not having info in the tag but I had a song playing where it displayed the info and I shut the car off and turned it back on and then the dash only displayed "NO TITLE" and I can't seem to get the info to display anymore.

I've read through the manual to no avail and I realize this is a very new car and there's probably not many out there yet but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and how to fix it.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:16 PM

Lightbulb

Friend of mine owns a newer 2012 GT, he had a similar issue.

What we did (and worked) was deleting the connection on the iPhone, (dunno which iPhone your using or if its jailbroken, but I do believe all of them have the "forget" button which deletes the Bluetooth Profile that the car/iphone designated.

that initially worked for a day, but It happened again upon reconnected a few times, so we disconnected the battery for 2 hours.

That solved it for sure, we think it was something to do with the bluetooth getting shut off prematurely (shutting off the car) while the iphone was still playing music (streaming it)

If that doesn't work then take it to the dealer, it could be more serious than just a bluetooth connection issue.

Good luck!

Last edited by Nickrick2641; Jan 14, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:39 PM

I have a 2011 GT with the same option. Within the first week I had this problem. I deleted my phone from the cars memory and then re-added it, never had trouble since. I mostly just use the USB port with a thumb drive in there for my music though.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:27 PM

Hmm tried the suggestions and worked for the first little while and then went back to "NO TITLE" problem again. It's intermittent at best. Sometimes the song info comes back even after I've turned off the car and turned back on again, sometimes it doesn't. I'm taking it in to the dealership on friday to have it looked at and I'll post here if I get any useful information. Thanks guys.