Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout

PRESENTED BY: BUSCHUR RACING

THREE DAYS OF SHOOTOUT FUN FOR 2012

DYNO COMPETITION
-FRIDAY, August 17th. 9 am-5pm, rain or shine.
-Buschur Racing, 24 West Main St., Wakeman, Ohio 44889
-Local streets will be closed down for the car show/dyno day, it's something you have to see!
-All day dyno competition. $50 for three pulls. No tuning. Mitsubishi powered vehicles only. AWD only.
-Stock Appearing turbo Dyno King and BIG turbo Dyno King trophies awarded.
*NBF Tech Racing has donated $100 to the stock turbo dyno king.
-From 9am-3pm the event food will be offered from K&S Concessions.
-From 3pm-? our local Fire Department will be offering burgers/chicken over an open BBQ.
-6pm there will be a large bonfire and hang out at our shop.
-Friday night test and tune open to all types of cars at Summit Motorsports Park. Gates open at 4:30 pm, racing from 6pm-11pm. $12 race or watch.
-You can enter the track Friday and pay for your entire weekend, you will receive a wrist band for the weekend.
-EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO ENTERS THE TRACK WILL RECEIVE A COLOR CODED WRIST BAND TO SHOW WHAT DAYS HE HAS PAID FOR. YOU MUST WEAR THE CORRECT WRIST BAND AT ALL TIMES THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT WITHOUT A WRIST BAND YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY AGAIN TO BE AT THE TRACK. THE TRACK HAS PERSONNEL CHECKING CONSTANTLY THE ENTIRE WEEKEND.
-The wrist band is a big convenience, you can come and go from the track as you wish all three days if you have a 3 day band.
-Showers are available for $4 from 4:30pm-11pm Friday, 7am-closing on Saturday and Sunday.
-Concession stands will be open until 11 pm Friday night and until races are done on Saturday and Sunday.

AUTOCROSS AND DRAG RACING
-SATURDAY, August 18th. Gates open from 9am-9 pm, RAIN or SHINE.
-Summit Motorsports Park, Budweiser/pit side of the track.
-Overnight camping permitted. YOU MUST PURCHASE A MULTI-DAY TICKET/WRIST BAND TO CAMP! Leave your trucks/trailers/race cars. Vendors can set up ONCE and leave their displays for Sunday!
-$15 entry fee to spectate. Active/reserve military free with ID. Children 12 and under free.
-$35 entry for autocross and time trials.
-$65 two day drag entry for HEADS UP classes.
-$65 Max Effort entry.
-Autocross from 9am-3pm
-Time Trials from 3:30-7 pm
-1st round qualifier for ALL HEADS-UP drag classes at 7 pm.

-MANDATORY autocross drivers meeting at 10 am followed with course walk and then racing will start immediately after that.
-Workers are hired to work the course. Racers do not have to work the course and can relax and enjoy the day!
-Autocross competitors names and times are broadcast on 89.5 FM.
-This will be a FULL size parking lot autocross!

AUTOCROSS ONLY CLASSES
-There are two AUTOCROSS only classes, OS and OR.
-All vehicles on 140+ tread wear street tires will compete in OS.
-All vehicles on 139 and less tread wear tires will compete in OR.
-Karts and tube chassis/kit cars will compete in OR regardless of the tire it is running.
-Put your class and last three digits from your tech card on your windshield and both sides of the side windows.
-Any tires that do NOT have a visible tread wear rating or DOT stamp on them will be considered a race tire.

MAX EFFORT-Sponsored by ECMTuning
-The Max Effort class combines autocrossing and drag racing. The autocross and drags are held on Saturday for Max Effort.
-You will need to read the classes listed below and pick the class your car fits into.
-Your best 1/4 mile ET will be combined with your best autocross time at the end of the day for a total time which will place you and determine the winner in each class.
-The tire you choose must be used for both the autocross and drag racing portions.
-Street tires ONLY, NO race tires or tires with tread wear under 140! ANY DOT 140+ tread wear rating tire OK.
-Any tires that do NOT have a visible tread wear rating or DOT stamp on them will be considered illegal.
-Owner of the car must drive the car in both events, NO other drivers permitted.
-All DSM's, Ralliarts or other Mitsubishi powered shootout legal vehicles will compete in DSM.
-All EVO's will compete in EVO.
-Put your class and last three digits from your tech card on your windshield and both sides of the side windows. (MD or ME)
-You will get 3 drag passes to post your best 1/4 mile ET to then be added to your best autocross time for scoring.
-MAX EFFORT will have three drag runs at 4:30 pm, 5:30 pm and 6:30 pm. These are mandatory at those times for scoring!

DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT DRAG RACES
SUNDAY, August 19th. Gates open at 8 am-? rain or shine.
-Summit Motorsports Park, Budweiser/pit side of the track.
-Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Active/reserve military free with ID. Kids 12 and under are free.
-Time trials from 9am until noon and as time permits throughout the day.
-Show up rain or shine, the rain date IF it rains out is the very next day, Monday the 20th.
-Second and third qualifier for ALL HEADS UP classes at 10:30 am and 11:30 pm.
-First round of racing for all classes is at 1 pm.
-Final round for all classes 5 pm.
-FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the rear of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
-Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Any Mitsubishi powered vehicle can run at the shootout as long as it has either the original engine in the car (Genesis Coupe, 420A, 1.8 liter Mitsu, 4B11T, Stealth-3000GT, 3 liter Mitsu V6 etc.) or is powered by any one of these Mitsu engines. Cars NOT powered by a 4G63 or 4B11T MUST run in either Bracket 1 or Bracket 2.
-All classes will be run on a Pro tree/Pro Ladder with the exception of Bracket 1 & 2 which will be Sportsman tree.
-ALL competitors who run quicker than a 13.99 are required to wear a helmet, long pants and a long sleeved shirt. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
-Awards are held immediately following the finals for the last class run. Awards are held at the customer service office. If you fail to come to the awards presentation you forfeit your award(s) and prize money.

GENERAL RULES
-NO nitrous allowed in any class except for TT, B1, B2 and Quick.
-DSE, ESA and EE are classes designed for street cars. These classes are required to run: mirrors, headlights, wipers, full body panels, full interior and full exhaust.
-Full interior includes EVERYTHING except for the trunk area. If you have a roll bar/cage that makes it impossible to re-install the back seats or some interior trim pieces that is OK. Full exhaust means an exhaust that exits the rear of the vehicle and has a muffler in the system.

PEER TECH
-Tech for each class is done by your peers in your class.
-All cars will report to the staging lanes before the first round of racing. At this time all hoods will be opened and each participant in each class can walk through THEIR designated staging lane and inspect their opponents cars. IF you find something illegal, report it to a tech or BR employee who will also be in the staging lanes at that time.
-You must be a RACER in the same class to protest a vehicle.
-If you are found to be illegal for a class before the first round you can move to another class you fit into or make an immediate change.
-If you are found to be illegal during eliminations you will be disqualified with NO REFUND. READ THE RULES.

DSM ELIMINATOR(DSE)-Sponsored by Fuel Injector Clinic
-Qualifying at 7pm Saturday, Sunday at 10 am and 12 pm.
-Heads up class, Pro Tree, qualifying and ladder. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-Any 1990-1999 Talon, Eclipse, Laser or Galant VR4
-This is for any DSM that wants to run heads-up.
-ANY DOT tire.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, DSE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

DSM STOCK TURBO (DST)Sponsored by Fuel Injector Clinic
-Heads up class, Pro Tree, qualifying and ladder. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-Three rules for this class. All body panels must be run. The turbo on your 1g/2g DSM MUST appear to be a stock turbo for ANY 1G OR 2G DSM and NO nitrous.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, DST followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)-Sponsored by Forced Performance
-Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's and X's only.
-Car must retain stock appearing intake manifold. Stock appearing turbo. Sheet metal 02 housings with recirculating or open dumps OK. Full exhaust is required. Intercooler, intercooler plumbing, MAF inlet, air filter, battery kits are all OK for this class. Good example of a legal appearing car is a Buschur Racing Stage 4 EVO. Beyond those mods the car will not pass for stock appearing. NO nitrous. DOT RADIAL TIRE ONLY. NO tread wear rating limits. Stock location headers are OK. No half radiators.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, ESA followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE)-Sponsored by STM
-Evolution 7's, 8's, 9's and X's only.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, EE followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-ANY DOT approved tire can be used, no slicks.

BRACKET 1 (B1)-LMR Motorsports-
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running between 0-12.99 seconds.
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B1 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-NO delay boxes or throttle stops permitted.

BRACKET 2 (B2)-LMR Motorsports-
-This is a handicapped start class for cars running 13.00 and slower.
-ANYTHING goes as long as it is Mitsubishi powered OR is a Mitsubishi bodied car with the OEM engine in it.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, B2 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-NO delay boxes or throttle stops permitted.

QUICK 16 (Q16)-Sponsored by Kiggly Racing
-Heads up. Anything goes as long as it is Shootout legal powered. NO tube chassis cars. You MUST qualify at one of the qualifying times to get on the ladder.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, Q16 followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-Any one who doesn't qualify can can move to another class their car is LEGAL to run in.

TEST AND TUNE (TT)
-This class is being put into effect for those of you that just want to make some passes with your car and are not interested in competing.
-Time Trials will be run in between class runs and when time permits.
-There are NO rules for this class.
-ANY vehicle will be allowed to make time trials during the day, even your rental car.
-You do have to purchase a tech card and pay for car and driver entry when you come in the gate.
-On your windshield you will put in large print, TT followed by the number from your tech card. This is your class/car number for the day.
-ALL ROTARIES MUST RUN A MUFFLER OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RUN.
-Tube chassis cars, RWD's etc., are all welcome to run in this class for testing or exhibition purposes.

SPONSORS AND VENDORS

*ECMTuning-Max Effort "ECMTuning, engine management that makes sense. ECMLink has the power you need with the ease of use you want."
*Fuel Injector Clinic-DST/DSE
*Forced Performance-ESA
*Broken Wrench Performance
*GillTees
*STM-EE
*Kiggly Racing-Quick
*Spec Ops
*LMR Motorsports
*Magnus Fabrication
*Fathouse Fabrication
*TPG Tuning
AWD Motorsports
Torque Solutions
Green Filters

Recommended Local Hotels

**Motel 6-SPECIAL SHOOTOUT RATES, THEY WANT THE ENTIRE HOTEL SOLD OUT TO US!! 419-499-8001
Rates for Motel 6
16th, $46.74
17th and 18th, $80.74
19th, $38.24

All American Inn and Suites 419-663-1922
Best Western 419-663-3501
Econolodge 419-668-5656
Super 8 419-499-4671
Red Roof Inn 419-499-4347
Quality Inn 419-499-4681

Last edited by David Buschur; Aug 13, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Big changes for the 20th Annual!

Take a look and post up some comments so I can be sure it is going in the right direction.

Last edited by David Buschur; Apr 25, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question

Hey David we talked at the show about me running in Max effort and ESA and you said I couldn't run both, but with the changes in times is it a possibility now or not? I really enjoyed the Max effort but feel like I would have been in the top three of the ESA class also. Thanks and I really enjoyed myself again and Michael has not stopped talking about wanting to run in the CART class. Thanks more money to spend!

SSG Brian Redding

Last edited by Redbud23; Aug 26, 2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, under the new format you can run the Max Effort Saturday, buy an additional tech card and run the first qualifier Saturday and then the next two Sunday and race in any other class you want.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome

Thank you very much this is the best news yet!!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
David, Do you have any tire recommendations that are ESA legal?

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pretty sure I have my issues worked out. Cant wait! lol

-Em
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

In for 2012 with a car this time
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be there.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If I read this correctly that means an autox course on the pit side too! If so i am super pumped because i will definately compete in that next year! I love autox and of course the DSM/EVO Shootout so this will be awesome!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

ESA tire recommendation. If you are running the drag class only then you will of course want a good drag radial. In my opinion the BEST drag radial for the EVO is the M/T's ET Street Radial II. The only size that fits correctly is the 245-40-18. The tire works excellent, I ran them myself with NO breakage. There are of course plenty of other tires that you can use. I ran my RS in Max Effort this year, I SUCK driving it drag racing. As a matter of fact I suck driving a 5 speed drag racing so bad I gave up on it back in about 1998! I've had Kevin and Trent driving my 5 speeds at the drag strip. Anyway, at the Shootout in 2010 I made my first ever 10 second pass in the RS, running a best of 10.40, that was on the M/T's. This year I ran a set of RE-01's that are about 4 years old and ran a 10.27 on them. Getting the launch toned down enough to not fry the tires is the key.

batty, yes, the autocross course will be on the PIT side for the 20th, the entire race weekend will be on the pit side actually.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Update.

Added hotels and new class sponsor to the event description.

Big thanks to ECMTuning for sponsoring the Max Effort class already, a full year in advance!
Old Sep 1, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

i cant wait until next year.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:50 AM

20th Shootout and our car will be 20 years old. We will be there with the new 1G on an EVO ECU setup. Got 1 year to get it tuned!
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Huge thanks to Fuel Injector Clinic for sponsoring BOTH the DST and DSE classes. This is huge for the DSM guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout