Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

4G69 Cast Turbo Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
4G69 Cast Turbo Manifold

This is the "ecplipse turbo manifold 06+" from ebay sold by darknight-imports...aka Speedtrack Racing ETM manifold(same description), can be found here. but is about $100 cheaper on ebay...

in case anyone was wondering, i decided to be the guinea pig here, i believe some others may have purchased it but i decided to post some info about it...now i have yet to pull my stock header to check for fitment, as this is technically made for the 4G eclipse, so i would assume the starter motor, AC line, and alternator are in a similar location...however the flange that mates with te turbo is not horizontal when mounted...in repect to the ground i would say the flange is at a 60 degree angle...or 30 degrees to the head...so the turbo will be forward more so than if the flange faced downward...this may cause problems with the rad fans, or the radiator itself...when i have time to verify fitment, i'll let you all know...

here's some pics, it feels and looks very well made...NOTE: it is a raw cast and will require deburring as there is some loose flakes where the molds meet half way in the cross-section of the manifold, so it would be wise to clean it out so those flakes don't go through the turbine...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 24, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
nice man! have u got the other peices of the kit or u just starting with the manifold? let me now how it goes in terms of fitment. was gonna use this for my build too
Old Dec 25, 2010, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

the only things i have so far is the manifold, WRX 425cc injectors, intercooler, oil and water lines, and BOV...

i'm still not sure what turbo to get, the t3 manifold can be easily adapted to TD05, so a 16G is an option, cause i have a 16g O2 housing, but the way the turbo manifold is oriented, would make the O2 housing outlet face almost directly forward with a 16g, so i might even have to make my own O2 housing if i can't get the oem one to fit, and i would have to disable the internal wastegate as i'll be running an external gate due to the low boost i'll be running, where if i get a t3/t4 i'll have to make my own O2 housing/downpipe and make it go any direction i would like...and it would be fairly easy to fabricate because the flange itself blocks the internal wastegate port, leaving just one hole to weld a pipe to.

things i still need: clutch, turbocharger, wategate, MAP sensor, I/C piping, miscellanious gaskets, flanges and piping for downpipe , ecu reflash and tune...you know, all the expensive stuff...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 25, 2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
use an evo map sensor...
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

got two part numbers for MAP sensor, one i believe is for all 4G63T and one is evo x...i'm pretty sure the one for evo 8/9 is the same as DSM...or all mitsubishi turbo engines in the last 20 years or so, lol...i'm gonna go junk yard hunting for DSM's...i believe on the 4G63 (LH drive DSM) it's on the passenger side of the intake manifold...i know nothing about JDM, but i guess the engine must be facing the same direction...

edit: part number for MAP sensor should be MD305600, i posted it in Hackish' thread "list of stuff to run forced induction"

for anyone who needs one may want to check this out in the next 17 days, this should work, as aftermarket 3 bar MAP sensor i would think is overkill for 7-9psi...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
This is the "ecplipse turbo manifold 06+" from ebay sold by darknight-imports...aka Speedtrack Racing ETM manifold(same description), can be found here. but is about $100 cheaper on ebay...

in case anyone was wondering, i decided to be the guinea pig here, i believe some others may have purchased it but i decided to post some info about it...now i have yet to pull my stock header to check for fitment, as this is technically made for the 4G eclipse, so i would assume the starter motor, AC line, and alternator are in a similar location...however the flange that mates with te turbo is not horizontal when mounted...in repect to the ground i would say the flange is at a 60 degree angle...or 30 degrees to the head...so the turbo will be forward more so than if the flange faced downward...this may cause problems with the rad fans, or the radiator itself...when i have time to verify fitment, i'll let you all know...

here's some pics, it feels and looks very well made...NOTE: it is a raw cast and will require deburring as there is some loose flakes where the molds meet half way in the cross-section of the manifold, so it would be wise to clean it out so those flakes don't go through the turbine...

that looks so oem i like it, wish their was one for the g94 in na
Old Jan 2, 2011, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure if you're one of the guys I have already spoken with but if you're anywhere near Ottawa I have a spare engine at the shop that you could bolt that thing on for fitment testing before you take your own car out of service. Looking at the angle I think it's safe to assume you will need at least a pusher fan for the rad.

-Michael
Old Jan 2, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
that looks so oem i like it, wish their was one for the g94 in na
I thought the EVO manifolds fit the 4G94 head?

Originally Posted by hackish
Not sure if you're one of the guys I have already spoken with but if you're anywhere near Ottawa I have a spare engine at the shop that you could bolt that thing on for fitment testing before you take your own car out of service. Looking at the angle I think it's safe to assume you will need at least a pusher fan for the rad.

-Michael
Email sent, and yes we did speak about manifolds in the past, i still have the parts i need to make a steel manifold, but this one being a $130 cast, made in Ontario, i had to see it for myself...with your work on the ECU, having an inexpensive manifold would have opened a lot of doors for the 04-06 RA...what get's me is what's in the 4G eclipse that the flange would be on such an angle, i'm sure it wouldn't have been much of an issue to make one that fits both without removing radiator fans...even if STR could cast an adapter to change the angle, or modify their mould to accomidate the lancer ralliart...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
but this one being a $130 cast, made in Ontario, i had to see it for myself...with your work on the ECU, having an inexpensive manifold would have opened a lot of doors for the 04-06 RA...
The 4g engine bay is similar and the manifold flange is identical. Are you sure that part is being cast in Ontario? I would definitely like to know what foundry they are using! For that price you can't beat it but it does look like a chinese casting. Chinese cast manifolds are not all bad either. FYI I priced out a production run of 50 parts and landed in NA they would still cost me $100ea. You can't design, finance, warehouse, and sell a product on 30 points of margin so get one quick before the price goes up!

-Michael
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hackish
The 4g engine bay is similar and the manifold flange is identical. Are you sure that part is being cast in Ontario? I would definitely like to know what foundry they are using! For that price you can't beat it but it does look like a chinese casting. Chinese cast manifolds are not all bad either. FYI I priced out a production run of 50 parts and landed in NA they would still cost me $100ea. You can't design, finance, warehouse, and sell a product on 30 points of margin so get one quick before the price goes up!

-Michael
well, i'm not sure about being cast here, but speedtrack racing is out of mississauga, and they are the ones having them made...email me back, i would like to bring it up to your shop and see what can be done...
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:09 PM

Any updates on this? Do you test the fitment on the ralliart?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about it? How's the fit?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

I sent an email to hackish, i guess he's got a spare engine at his shop, but he never got back to me, i live fairly close to ottawa, i was just waiting on him to make a date, but i'm only able to make it there on weekends...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Did not get any emails from you. Generally on Thursday or Friday I have a good idea if I'm going to be in at work on the weekends. With all this software writing I've been in a lot testing stuff on Saturdays and Sundays.

-Michael
Old Feb 1, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

it's in my outbox, i can resend, but basically i was just wondering when we could try this out...and i also asked if you had or could get a t3/t4, or like a GT35 for test fitting...and i think i mentioned the reflash there too...i have injectors from an 04 WRX, i just wanted you to confirm they are correct, and i got a MAP sensor from a 4G63T as well...i just want to get the manifold issue sorted out before i go turbo shopping...

Quick Reply: 4G69 Cast Turbo Manifold