Notices
Lancer Audio and Security (All models) Discuss new audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

How to add another factory keyless?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2003, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How to add another factory keyless?

I picked up another factory keyless entry remote. I read the owners manual and it says to go to your dealer for it to be programmed. When I first read the manual when I first got the car I thought it said you can program the keyless remote yourself but when I looked again today it just says how to add additional keys to the system which I successfully accomplished. I added three spare keys to the car and they all worked. Fairly simple to do. I like to have spare keys so now I have five total. The manual says you can have a total of eight. All I need to do is program one additonal keyless remote.

Anyone?

Flybyevo...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you manage to register the keys? All of the info I have says you need the MUT-II to register the keys!
Here is the Info from the Mitsu site on registering the remote:-

1.Connect the scan tool to the data link connector. If the scan tool is not used, ground terminal (1) of the data link connector.
NOTE: This will connect terminal (1) of the data link connector to ground, (well duh!) and the system will be in secret code registration standby mode. Use a large paperclip to short pin 1 to pins 4 or 5.

2.Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds.
NOTE: At this time the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked) and becomes registration mode.
NOTE: The hazard warning light switch is turned on and off alternately whenever it is pushed.

3.Press the transmitter switch, and then press it two times within 10 seconds of the first press. This will register the code.

4.When registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

5.If you are using two or more transmitters or have added a second transmitter, the same registration procedure should be carried out within one minute after registering the code for the first transmitter. After the second registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

6.Registration mode will be canceled under the following conditions:
• When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered;
• When one minute has been passed after registration mode started;
• When scan tool MB991502 is disconnected (the ground connection is broken);
• When the key is removed from the key cylinder;

7.After the registration is completed, carry out the following work, and then check that the keyless entry system operates normally.
• Remove the ignition key.
• Close all of the doors.
Old Jun 6, 2003, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by EXCEED
How did you manage to register the keys? All of the info I have says you need the MUT-II to register the keys!
Exceed,

Thanks for emailing...

To enroll the keys I followed the instructions in the owners manual. The owners manual says that you must already have two keys registered which I did when I picked up the car. Maybe what you are referring to is how to register those first two keys.

It took a total of two minutes to enroll the other three keys. Fairly simple procedure and all is working.

Thanks for the info on the remote. Where did you find that info from?

Thanks

Flybyevo...
Old Jun 6, 2003, 06:53 PM

Flyby...

You are welcome.

Untill the end of June the Mitsubishi technical site has free access. All you have to do is to register. At the end of June your account will be terminated (unless you want to pay to continue). Here is the home page, then go to the trial sign up page. Just put some bogus info in the business sections. I dont think it even checks E-mail addresses, I haven't heard a peep from them.

http://www.mitsubi****echinfo.com/epacarb/

I live in Australia and the owners manual mentions nothing about registering the keys except that you need to go to the service center. I also own the service manual on CD ROM. It tells me how to register the keys using the MUT-II and it also contains the info about registering the remote (which I gave you). Even in the Mitsu site I could find nothing about regestering the keys "manually".

Thanks

Darren.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by EXCEED
Here is the Info from the Mitsu site on registering the remote:-

1.Connect the scan tool to the data link connector. If the scan tool is not used, ground terminal (1) of the data link connector.
NOTE: This will connect terminal (1) of the data link connector to ground, (well duh!) and the system will be in secret code registration standby mode. Use a large paperclip to short pin 1 to pins 4 or 5.

2.Press the hazard switch six times within 10 seconds.
NOTE: At this time the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked) and becomes registration mode.
NOTE: The hazard warning light switch is turned on and off alternately whenever it is pushed.

3.Press the transmitter switch, and then press it two times within 10 seconds of the first press. This will register the code.

4.When registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

5.If you are using two or more transmitters or have added a second transmitter, the same registration procedure should be carried out within one minute after registering the code for the first transmitter. After the second registration is completed, the code registration monitor request is output (all doors locked and unlocked).

6.Registration mode will be canceled under the following conditions:
• When the secret code for four transmitters has been registered;
• When one minute has been passed after registration mode started;
• When scan tool MB991502 is disconnected (the ground connection is broken);
• When the key is removed from the key cylinder;

7.After the registration is completed, carry out the following work, and then check that the keyless entry system operates normally.
• Remove the ignition key.
• Close all of the doors.
Process works great!!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:59 PM

hmm the process didnt work that rgeat for me, i get as far as jumping the 1st pin, i get the car into registration mode but nothing happens when i push the lock button on my new remote (once then twice within 10 sec) Iv changed the battery on the remote but to no avail it will not confirm registration. HELP!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 09:44 PM

What is the FCC ID number on the back of your remote? For the lancer, it should be OUCG8D-525M-A, and the remote part number should be OMRON G8D-525M-A (or there may be another number after the last letter in the Omron part number...no big deal). Did you purchase the extra remotes from the dealer, or another source? I will try to help you anyway I can, since I experienced a similar problem when I bought my car, which came with no remotes at all.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:41 PM

The fcc id is HYQ12ABA. I think it came from a galant but i was told it would work for a lancer. My car came with no remotes either so i just picked one up on ebay (apparently the wrong one)
Old Jul 24, 2005, 04:43 PM

Yep, that model of remote is to another keyless system. I had to do a ton of searching to find out which remote was the correct one. The dealership lied, and said that it had to be the exact remote that came with the lancer from the factory, in other words, $99 cash for the dealership + programming costs, but after asking to look at one of the factory remotes, and copying down the model and FCC info, I found that any remote with the lancer FCC ID and model number should work. Just match those two sets of ID numbers to the correct remotes, and then they will work.

These remotes should work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7987645372

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7988097649

Both the two and three button remotes will work as long as they have this model info. Of course, the trunk button will not work, since the lancer has a cable trunk release, and the panic button won't either if the car is not equppied with an alarm.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 08:47 PM

great! thanks that helps alot, i contacted the seller whom i purchased the remote from for a refund or an exchange for one that will work. Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 24, 2005, 09:49 PM

No problem, BluezHarpKing, I hope that it will work much better for you next time, and if you have any more questions about the keyless system, just email, pm, or post.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 04:08 PM

I have pin one jumpered to pin 4 (also tried 5), the key is in the ignition in off position and I press the hazard button 6 times but the car never enters registration mode. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

I have this same problem grounding the terminals.. doesn't go into learning mode. Do I have to shove the paperclip that far into the plug? I am just tapping it at the metal prongs.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

if you have trouble gounding the terminal, use a small guage wire of any sort and touch it to Pin 1 and then connect it to some kind of "bare" metal, that is metal that isnt painted, nor corroded in any way because it wont conduct. So take the long wire, put it in the top let pin, with the big side of the plug facing up, and ground it to a seat bolt or any other shiny clean peice of metal (i touched it to a peice of bare metal by the drivers side petal and it worked good). This is what i did for my first remote cuz i bought it with none.

Last edited by 0zlancer; Jun 22, 2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Well it worked when I shoved the paperclip further into it Beats me why the ends aren't good enough...

Programmed and ready to go!

Quick Reply: How to add another factory keyless?